Image Map

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Luau Birthday Cakes

One of the most amazing things about what I do is having the opportunity to be part of a family's celebrations.  A few years ago, I made red, black and gold-themed cupcakes for Maddie, Caro and Alex's 18th birthday.  Soon after that, Maddie called me and asked me to make their mum's 50th birthday cupcakes.  And now, the triplets are turning 21, and having a Hawaiian luau.

I'm glad they chose to have three cakes to be displayed on a row of cake pedestals instead of sharing a single stacked cake.  I'm glad they picked to have layers of dark and white chocolate orange mudcakes instead of just the one flavour for each cake.  Each girl picked the colours that she loves.  They may be triplets, but they are different too, each in her own special way.




No comments:

Post a Comment